Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I Can't Believe it's 2012!

The holidays seemed to fly by this year!
I can't believe it's already January 3rd. Husband went back to work today and the teens are back in school. Yay!
Since we were having such nice weather over the school break, daughter and her bestie decided that a photo shoot on the beach was in order. They had a blast!

The gingerbread house was finally finished!
We went to a neighboring town to see a light display. It was not really big, but the plus was there were no long lines to go through!

Santa came on Christmas eve morning to leave my present! I was a happy girl!
I invited my parents to come for a few days. It was a nice visit considering we have very different outlooks on life! I think we all worked to watch our tongues!
Christmas morning we opened our gifts.
Daughter was very happy to get a "real" sapphire ring.

Husband is always happy to get new tennis balls! Can you see he has his pj's mixed up? He has a Grinch shirt on with Snoopy pants! I'm just glad he remembered to dress since my parents were there!
Teen son was so happy to get a Mac Book Pro.
After the gifts were opened we enjoyed our annual brunch. I made a sausage and egg casserole, sticky buns, cheesy grits and a fresh fruit salad. We didn't want to fill up too much because it would be time for dinner before long!
A before dinner cocktail consisting of an ounce of gin, and a splash of cranberry juice, pomegranate juice, lime, and triple sec topped off with club soda. Where is the pomegranate juice in the photo you ask? It seems teen son found it way back in the fridge where I had hidden it so no one would drink it! It was good anyway!
No need to go visit friends to see what they got for Christmas, just text and skype it!
Table set for Christmas dinner.
Getting ready to enjoy beef tenderloin, roasted fingerling potatoes, baked green beans and whole wheat rolls. I decided this year not to knock myself out cooking all afternoon. We didn't have lots to choose from, but then I also didn't have tons of leftovers and wasn't exhausted when it was all done. We had a Japanese Fruit Pie, Italian cake with assorted berries with fresh whipped cream and assorted Christmas cookies for dessert.

We headed to the lake for New Years Eve.
This year I decided to put the tree up in the loft area. Can you see it?
We got together with all our neighbors for a pot luck dinner and a bonfire on the beach.
I thought this was funny,,,, it looked like the golf cart was on fire!

We were back home early enough on New Year's day to have our traditional meal: pork roast, black eyed peas, sauteed spinach and corn bread.
We had three house showings in the last week! I am so ready to sell this house. One of the lookers actually put an offer in on a house a few streets over. It's on a cul-de-sac and I heard they had small children. I know our time is coming!
Happy New Year!

4 comments:

  1. what a fun holiday you had!! OH MY the kids look soo adorable opening up their gifts and santa treated you very well... can I come next year from brunch? Hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh nice present!

    Love the beach photo shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely Christmas!! Thank you for stopping by! I updated my post with the paint color you asked about- Sherwin-Williams Sea Salt. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a wonderful Christms! Awesome new car!

    ReplyDelete

Friends had this to say...