Friday, December 17, 2010

Yes, even though I have TONS left to do, I took the day yesterday and rode to Spartanburg SC with husband. He had a job to do and I have gone with him a few times in the past, so when he asked if I wanted to ride along, I said sure! While he packages up chemicals and such, I go shopping or hang out at McDonalds drinking coffee and reading a book. (I haven't figured out where there is a good coffee shop, so McD's has to do for me!)
Wouldn't you know we were right outside Spartanburg when my phone rang and it was the nurse from son's school. He was in her office and he had a fever of 100.7. I felt really awful because when he woke up he said he didn't feel well, but I thought he was just trying to get out of his mid-terms, so I told him to suck it up and get ready for school! I am such a bad mom! I explained to the nurse that i was out of town and gave her a neighbor's number to try. Of course the neighbor was gone and so, long story short, son stayed in the sick room almost all day until neighbor finally go there to take him home. When she did get him his temp was up to 102!
I took him to the doctor today and he has a sinus infection. Got three prescriptions filled and hoping we will be as good as new soon!
Now, just trying to get some gifts wrapped as we are leaving in the morning for my parent's house for the weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Aw, the timing! Hope he's feeling better. I have relatives in Spartanburg. Small world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, hope your son is feeling better....and I bet you were nearby the other 364 days of the year....
    Happy and Healthy holiday to you.
    pve

    ReplyDelete

Friends had this to say...