Thursday, December 9, 2010

How Many More Days Until Christmas?


I have finally finished putting up the Christmas decorations inside the house! Now, I still have outside to do but that doesn't take very long.... we're pretty low key outside. Things have been so busy I didn't think I would ever get everything done!
Yesterday was the teacher Christmas lunch that the PTSA hospitality committee puts on and of which I am chairman. It was fantastic! We had so much food and the teachers really enjoyed it. Of course I was so busy making sure platters were filled and everyone was having a great time that I never did get around to taking any photos. Take my word, it was very nice. I had my committee members bring their silver pieces and we used that on the buffet table. It looked great and the parents who made food really stepped up and made their most unique party food. I was so tired when I got home, I was in a bubble bath and in my pajamas by 7:30!
Now, I am usually finished with all my shopping by Dec. 1st, but for some reason I just couldn't get it together this year. I have one more week before school is out, so I'd better get hopping!
Drove through the neighborhood tonight and so many have their yards decorated already. I just love looking at the Christmas lights and the more the better, just so it's in someone else's yard! There is one guy in the neighborhood that goes all out. I noticed tonight that he has two life size animated Santas in the yard! I love it!
I made a super easy candy on Tuesday... I'll post the recipe tomorrow and if you've never tried it, you must! Easy and delicious!

1 comment:

  1. I catered the teacher luncheon last month and this month we had cake day for the teachers..they sure are well thought of, I love our elementary school! I have about 5 gifts, I need to get on the ball!!

    ReplyDelete

Friends had this to say...