Thursday, November 4, 2010

Fun at the Fair


While I am NOT a big fan of the fair, we did make a visit last night with the whole family. Teenage son went kicking and screaming, well not really, but he might as well have!
It ended up being a really nice evening. It had threatened rain all day and there was a chance later in the evening and I think that kept most of the people away! That was fine by me, because if you really want to feel good about yourself, make a visit to the fair!

I rode the rides with daughter since son thought he was too cool to do that with his sister!

We didn't ride very many as I can't do the whole swirling-around-in-circles-while-upside-down thing anymore!
We had the pleasure of seeing a concert by former American Idol contestant, Danny Gokey! It was a great show and he sang for almost 1 1/2 hours!


After the show, daughter bought a t-shirt and we waited in line to have him sign it. You should see the photo I took while he was signing... I was using son's camera for the evening because it fits great in the pocket of my jacket, but I am not really familiar with it. I ended up with a nice shot of the table cloth instead of Danny! Daughter grabbed the camera and snapped this one as he was signing the next person's photo.

And of course, what would a trip to the fair be without eating fair food?! I got my fix for onion rings and a corn dog. That should satisfy me until next year!

5 comments:

  1. I loved Danny Gokey on American Idol.

    How fun!

    LOL about your son. They get so weird about things. Part of growing-up I guess. :)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a fun night with the kids. I love fair food every now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's up with not being able to do roundy things? Getting older stinks and takes away a lot of fun, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can so relate to the teenage son thing (x's 3)!! Looks like a good time at the fair .. but I have to admit, fairs are not for me. I despise rides (motion sickness and all)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We skipped the SC STATE FAIR this year because it was $10 to get in and I talked the girlies out of going.. then I felt bad and cheap, oh well, we will go next year and buy advanced tickets!! The Corn Dogs are the best.. I will be in Charleston Nov30-Dec1st for a fundraiser, we should meet up!!

    ReplyDelete

Friends had this to say...