Monday, August 2, 2010

What I've Been Doing...

  • Last Monday took my car in to be repaired from the "crash". Five hours later picked it back up as the bumper is on back order and won't be in for a week or so!
  • Dropped off rental that I had had cleaned and only used for five HOURS!
  • Tuesday I drove to Charlotte to pick up teenage daughter, or Crash as we now call her! Planned to leave a couple hours early so I could make a stop at a fabric store to look for something to make some new window treatments for our bedroom. Came to complete standstill on interstate just a few miles out of town! Ended up not getting to make fabric stop. Was delayed so long that I had to run to gate to get there before the plane did! But, she did make it home with no problems, so for that I was thankful! And from the way she talked non-stop the whole way home she had a pretty good time all things considered.
  • Took daughter to follow up doctor appointments to check on injuries. Was able to remove temporary cast from wrist as the x-ray we had done here in SC came back clear and Dr. determined it was probably just a bad sprain.
  • Visited dentist and had one of daughter's teeth fixed, the one with the biggest chip! Pain from bruised gum and lip was too much so we have to go back another day to fix the other one.
  • Took both teens to orthodontist. Great news, they both need braces at the low price of JUST $5700 a piece!!!!
  • Call from furniture store and new stuff for bedroom will be here Monday (today), which means I had to get my butt in gear and start painting our room!
  • Painted all Saturday afternoon.
  • Painted all Sunday afternoon! Finally finished and don't want to see a paintbrush or roller for a VERY long time!
  • Furniture arrived at 10:30 this morning! YEA!!!
  • Have to work registration at the middle school on Tuesday and Wednesday, so I have been working all afternoon getting all my stuff together for the Hospitality Committee table.
So, how have you been?

2 comments:

  1. I need a nap after reading that! HA! I am so thankful that all painting duties belong to Mr. Pink. I tried once and failed miserably, but it's worked to my advantage. He doesn't let me get near a paint roller. Feel your pain with the braces. We're in stage 1 at the low cost of $3000 and not even braces yet...that will come later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After we finished painting every room in the house when we moved in 6 years ago, I told my husband I was never going to paint again. When he got the "man room" together, he asked if I was going to paint the walls for him. Uh...no.
    And I didn't! :D

    ReplyDelete

Friends had this to say...