Friday, September 5, 2014

Catching Up

Whoa, I didn't realize it had been so long since my last post! 
I feel like my life is just a whirlwind right now. 
I have been working on a few projects for the house:
This desk used to be in college son's room. It was a MESS! He had written on it, carved stuff into it and just about anything else you can imagine. Since we turned the old home office into our new closet, I decided that a makeover was in order! So I have started painting it with Annie Sloan Chalk paint. It's not done yet, much to husband's dismay (what can I say, I get easily distracted!) It should be finished this weekend!

Last weekend we headed to our cabin and to hang out in Clemson during the Clemson/GA game. 
We made a stop by college son's apartment:
I noticed that the vacuum I bought him was still in the box! I have hopes though that it might be used one day! ;) 

"Why sure I'll take your picture by Howard's rock":


We did a lot of hiking on Sunday. Oconee county has tons of waterfalls and we are trying to make it a point to visit each and every one! :



Though it would be nice if we could remember which was which!
By the last one I decided to opt out and stayed back at the car and read a book I happened to have with me:

This week is fraternity rush at Clemson. College boy has decided to do it! This mama's heart can barely take it! Today bids go out.... fingers crossed for him!

Today is husband's birthday, so I have a cake in the oven and planning our little family celebration! Gotta make another cake later today for he and daughter to take with them to Clemson tomorrow since Monday is son's birthday! How is it possible I have a 20 year old? 

I have to work tomorrow and Sunday, so no trip to the upstate for me! Boo! :(
So husband and daughter will make the trip without me. I think it will be good father/daughter time for them! 

Have a great weekend! 

ETA: Just received a text from son and he got a bid to the fraternity that he wanted! Whew!



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your son's bid! The vacuum :) my son exactly! I should have taken a picture of the bags of "stuff" I threw away when he left!! Loving the green color! And we were miles away last weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Friends had this to say...