Above was the view out my front door on Wednesday morning last week. Today it is going to be almost 80! I really don't like this time of year. I like it to be cold, as it should be in the winter, and then I like it to warm up in the spring. I think I live in the wrong part of the country!
I ran outside to take photos of the frozen plants:
and, would a "snow" day be complete without some homemade chocolate chip cookies?
In between the freezing rain days, I worked at the house museum and we finally finished up on Friday. Even though you would think I would be tired of polishing furniture, it has really made me want to polish all the antiques in my house! That's going to start tomorrow!
I worked on Saturday, which ended up being not a very nice day, weatherwise! We didn't have too many guests at MP, but the ones that were there were great!
Sunday afternoon we skyped with daughter for two hours! She is doing so well. She made the comment that she is so proud and thinks it is so cool that she can speak two languages! We are very proud of her and think it's pretty cool too! She also said that she feels "invincible and feels like she can do anything". That makes a mom's heart almost burst with pride! She is at the half way mark of her time there. It's hard to believe that she is on the downside now.
I like to check cookbooks out from the library before I spend the money buying one. I checked this out last week and OH MY, there are so many great recipes! Definitely on the Buy list!
I can barely believe it's already February! This week I have a meeting or something on the calendar every night! And I thought my life was going to slow down with both of the teens away from home! :)
I worked on Saturday, which ended up being not a very nice day, weatherwise! We didn't have too many guests at MP, but the ones that were there were great!
Sunday afternoon we skyped with daughter for two hours! She is doing so well. She made the comment that she is so proud and thinks it is so cool that she can speak two languages! We are very proud of her and think it's pretty cool too! She also said that she feels "invincible and feels like she can do anything". That makes a mom's heart almost burst with pride! She is at the half way mark of her time there. It's hard to believe that she is on the downside now.
I like to check cookbooks out from the library before I spend the money buying one. I checked this out last week and OH MY, there are so many great recipes! Definitely on the Buy list!
I can barely believe it's already February! This week I have a meeting or something on the calendar every night! And I thought my life was going to slow down with both of the teens away from home! :)

Good to know about Giada's book. This weather has been crazy! I wish I could speak two languages too!
ReplyDeleteMe too!
DeleteYou must be so proud! She sounds like a fabulous kid!!!! Smart too. I want you to write a post about your keys to parenting a good one!!!
ReplyDeleteWe are so proud!
DeleteIf I wrote a post about parenting a good one, I'd also have to include the trials of parenting her older brother, who though now is a good one, gave us a good run for our money! ;)