Monday, August 12, 2013

A Lot Has Been Done

Busy week as usual these days! Monday daughter had to be at the high school to take two final exams for the classes she took online this summer. She ended up with an 88 and a 94 for her final grades. She is pleased, though a little unhappy about the 88!
That afternoon son had to re-take a math placement test that he took back in June. His score the first time was terrible, so he was only able to sign up for a remedial math course in college! So, we got him an online refresher course to do to get him ready to retake the test. We paid $40 for him to take the test in a remote location that could send the results to his school. Wouldn't you know that AFTER he finished they realized they gave him the wrong test. He had to go back the next day to retake it AGAIN! But, this time he scored well enough to get into the math class he really wanted. That night, before his scores had been received by his school he looked at the course he wanted to take and it was still open. Of course when he went online to sign up for it the next morning it was closed! UGH! So he put his name on the waitlist and hoped he could get in. 
Tuesday night I hosted book club at my house. We read Bad Monkey by Carl Hiassen. It was a great book, as all of his are! I grilled some shrimp, made a crab and artichoke dip and put out some hummus along with wine and beer. I made homemade Key Lime Pie for our dessert. Next month's book is Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple. I just read it and it is a great, fun read!
Wednesday son had an appointment downtown, so we went there and then headed over to Mt. Pleasant to hit up Whole Foods and Trader Joes. I needed a few things for the Bon Voyage party we were having for daughter on Saturday.
Wednesday night we headed back over to Mt. P and met my sister and BIL and their two boys for dinner at Vickery's on Shem Creek. They had been staying the week at Wild Dunes. We had a great time, but dang those tourists are still out everywhere! 

I had to work from 9:30-5:30 on Thursday. That was a long day!
I finally got my car back from the service shop at the dealership! It had been there since July 15th! I had a loaner, so it wasn't too bad, but man could they have taken any longer? I put over 1,000 miles on their car!
Saturday we had a drop-in Bon Voyage party for daughter. Lots of family and friends showed up!







After everyone left we decided to head over to Red's Ice House on Shem Creek. It was packed but we sat outside and watched the dolphins and kayakers  while we waited for our table. 
I work this afternoon and then the rest of the week will be spent gathering last minute things for son and packing him up for the trip up on Thursday! 
I'll be back with a full report next Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friends had this to say...