Thursday, June 13, 2013

It is so dang hot!

I will be the first to tell you that I do not appreciate 97º weather. Especially when it is combined with about 80º humidity! I am not enjoying this time of year. To top it off, my SIL and nephew  brought their 70+ year old neighbor to Charleston, since she had never been here, and of course I told her to come by the house and I would take them out to Middleton Place today.
Man alive, that heat was brutal! 
I had my second day of training yesterday. More sweeping and dusting! Husband asked if this was really something I wanted to do! I told him that I wouldn't normally be doing that but that I need to know how to open the museum on the weekends in case I have to fill in for someone.
Some one is having a big #ss wedding out at MP on Saturday. They started setting up at around sunrise yesterday and today they were still going at it! They have built raised floors that will be under the air-conditioned tents that are still to be erected. Today when I was out there with my family, I noticed they are laying carpet on the flooring! I really want to see what it is going to look like when it is all done, but we'll be gone on Saturday or I would go out there! I heard they are bringing the 200 guests out to the venue from downtown Charleston, on 7 shuttle buses that have been secured for the wedding. And, they made a really big donation to the foundation! 
I finished reading The Stepford Wives for book club. It is so creepy and kind of funny, since it was written in 1972! Now I am reading David Sedaris's latest book,  Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls. Pee in your pants funny! Last night I was reading before I went to sleep and husband kept telling me he was going to take it away from me if I didn't quit laughing so much!
Stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friends had this to say...