Monday, May 13, 2013

I hope those of you who are mothers had a wonderful Mother's Day. I have always had mixed feelings about that day. When I wanted so desperately to have a baby, Mother's day really got on my nerves! I remember one particular day at the little church I was attending. At some point they asked all the mothers to stand and they presented them all with a rose. I was the ONLY person not standing! I felt so uncomfortable and sad. As I was leaving after the service I had just reached the bottom of the stairs when I heard someone calling my name. It was the minister, who happened to be female. I turned around and she was holding one of the arrangements that had been up at the front of the church. It was beautiful. There must have been about 30 roses in the vase. She handed it to me and said, "your time is coming".  
Since I became a mother I have never really cared if we celebrated Mother's day or not. Yesterday husband went to Myrtle Beach and took his mom out for lunch, then went to play a round of golf with his dad. Since teen son had to work, I stayed behind to make sure all were where they needed to be. I received cards from both of my children and teen son went and bought KFC for us for lunch. It was a sweet gesture, though I know KFC happens to be one of HIS favorite things to eat!
So I hope things went the way you wanted yesterday!
Friday night husband and I attended a greek dinner at our clubhouse here in the neighborhood. It was sponsored by the women's club and everyone signed up to bring a greek dish. I made Baklava, which I hadn't made it years, and it was a hit! We played a greek trivia game and our team lost by one point! Darn! It was fun to get out for a bit and not have to leave the neighborhood.
Today was teen son's last day of school! Senior exams start tomorrow and since he exempted all of his he is done! Now I just have to get everything in order for graduation on the 25th!
 

1 comment:

  1. what a touching and loving gesture that vicar made to you, and she was right, you did go and get children, so your time was coming... I hope that everyone gets to have a great day, whether a mum or not.. getting spoiled a bit is great for anyone.. so I liked reading your blog, thank you for sharing.. our Mother's day is not the same as yours, but I love that my kids actually remember, and with five of them its quite some spoiling haha hugs from across the pond, janzi

    ReplyDelete

Friends had this to say...